JOB VACANCIES IN THE MINISTRY OF HEALTH (NASCOP), KENYA
National AIDs and STI Control Program (NASCOP) is a Unit under the Ministry of Health that works to strengthen and support the implementation of Mother to child Transmission of HIV and Syphilis, (eMTCT) services at County and Sub-County levels. This program is part of the Ministry of Health initiative against HIV in Kenya that receives funding from Global Fund against AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria through the National Treasury. The Ministry plans to recruit Technical Advisors to support the implementation of activities at both National and County levels. The contract period is one year which is renewable yearly subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds.
PMTCT TECHNICAL ADVISOR JG ‘M’
Overall Job Function: Support the Ministry of Health in the implementation of the elimination of Mother to Child Transmission of HIV and Syphilis (eMTCT) framework 2016 -2021. Offer Technical Assistance in the Framework implementation with focus on the county and sub-county levels of the Ministry of Health.
The Technical Advisor will provide technical expertise and coordination of PMTCT activities within the assigned Counties in compliance with National and County policies and guidelines.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Support Counties to implement the Kenya Framework for Elimination of Mother-To-Child Transmission of HIV and Syphilis, 2016-2021 through the County eMTCT business plans
- Conduct technical assistance visits to facilities for capacity building and mentorship of Health care workers
- Support county level implementation of systems towards provision of quality health services and strategic information, including assisting in the implementation of the monitoring and evaluation systems for PMTCT towards the validation of Kenya for eMTCT by the year 2021
- Active participation as needed on high priority activities, including but not limited to data analysis and interpretation, health care worker training, program performance reviews, etc.
- Provide support in creating and strengthening referral and linkage networks between National, County, facility and community activities ensuring there is seamless implementation of HIV-PMTCT activities leading to improved health outcomes
- Support preparation of facility and County monthly, quarterly and other reports as may be required
- Provide support to counties in conducting performance reviews and progress assessments
- Multi-sector stakeholder alignment, coordination, and communication
- Support the development of integrated HIV/PMTCT/MNCH/FP/RH interventions and work plans at facility, sub-county and County levels and oversee their implementation
- Coordinate PMTCT/MNCH/RH/FP service quality assessments and implementation of continuous service quality improvement
- Provide clear communication and management updates to PMTCT and NASCOP leadership and other partners.
- Support data demand and information use by reviewing performance and suggesting measures of improvement as well as carrying out regular data quality audits.
- Assist in the implementation of the monitoring and evaluation systems for PMTCT and HIV exposed infants
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery, Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Bachelor of Clinical Medicine or any other health related field
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in the implementation of PMTCT activities both on clinical experience in PMTCT service delivery and technical coordination
- Registered with relevant body with a valid licence
Required Competencies, Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated experience in organizing and facilitating mentorship and capacity building in PMTCT
- Significant and up-to-date knowledge of the current PMTCT guidelines, framework, standards, tools, ARV guidelines and best practices.
- Proven experience in establishing and sustaining working relationships with the Ministry of Health at National, County, sub-County and health providers
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, report writing, analytical and supervisory skills to inspire teamwork and motivate staff and partners to achieve results.
- Proficiency in computer basic skills – MS Office; Internet and basic data analysis skills
- Ability to work in a complex project implementation environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Field oriented and comfortable with a team approach to programming.
- Knowledge of NASCOP reporting requirements including familiarity with the data collection and reporting tools used by NASCOP
- Research experience, proposal and abstract writing will be an added advantage
How to Apply
All applications including a current CV, photocopy of ID, mobile number and 3 professional referees (current or previous supervisors with their telephone numbers and Email addresses) should be addressed to the Principal secretary, Ministry of Health, Box 30016- 00100 Nairobi, on or before 10th July,2018. Also send soft copies of your applications to NASCOP email address: firstname.lastname@example.org . Hand deliveries drop at Afya Annex Ground floor near KNH
N/B: Please write on the envelop: Job vacancies in the Ministry of health (NASCOP)
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.