JOB ADVERTISEMENT FOR POSITION OF RESEARCH ASSISTANT – TB/ HIV STUDIES
The Ministry of Health through the National TB Leprosy and Lung Disease unit in collaboration with the NASCOP are planning to carry two TB/ HIV related studies from February 2019. This work will be majorly fieldwork and covering various counties, which are spread throughout the country. The Ministry seeks to recruit Research Assistants to collect and enter data for this survey.
The Research assistants will be responsible for collecting data as per the study protocol while some will be assigned to data entry. These activities will include structured, face-to-face, in- depth interviews, or other quantitative data collection methods.
- Interview, Record, store and send data to national server using tablets
- Review data obtained from interview for completeness and accuracy
- Maintain participant’s confidentiality and security of data
- Perform other related duties regarding the survey as may be assigned by the survey coordinator
- The position will entail long periods of sitting, standing and/or walking in the
- Workstations will vary from place to There will be varied exposure to environmental elements such as sunshine, rain, cold, and winds.
- Field schedules vary from day to day and according to the area to be
Minimum Requirements Education and Experience:
- Degree or Diploma in from a recognized institution
- At least two years’ working experience in health-related surveys
- Previous working experience in a Survey involving TB and or HIV patients will be an added advantage
- Previous research experience especially on health-related surveys and administering informed consent will be an added advantage
- Fluent in both Kiswahili and English
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to follow study-specific procedures and guidelines
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, including ability to adapt to changing situations and group
- Proficiency in basic computer technology including word processing (e.g. Microsoft Word), email and basic data entry (e.g. Microsoft Excel).
- Previous training and experience in quantitative research data collection methods is highly desirable
Survey fieldwork Duration:
- The survey field work is expected to take between 20-30 days including training
How to apply:
Interested candidates who meet the qualifications should submit an application letter with a detailed CV, copies of National Identity Card, Academic and Professional certificates. Applications MUST be forwarded by email addressed to:
Please quote the position (Research Assistant – TB/ HIV studies) on the email subject and send to email@example.com by end of the day (5:00 PM) Friday 25th January 2019.
Due to large number of applications we may receive, kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.