JOB ADVERTISEMNT FOR THE POSITION OF A SENIOR ACCOUNTANT (JOB GROUP L/CSG9) FOR KMOH-CDC COOPERATIVE AGREEMENT (1 Position)
1 Year contract Renewable annually based on availability of Funds.
Overall Job Function
Reporting to the Head of Finance & Accounts (Business Official) KMOH-CDC CoAg, his/her overall role will be to review, prepare and file project costs to ensure they meet the cost principles, and within the budget parameters and comply with both donor and GoK internal policies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Process payments by examining payment vouchers to ensure that payments are in compliance to KMOH-CDC CoAg financial policies and procedures and to GoK & donor rules and regulations.
- Responsible for making payments via MPESA platform to field staff, workshop participants and movement of funds in Utility and M-Pesa platform.
- Preparing payment requisitions and payment through Enterprise resource planning system) and relevant documents and processing for payment
- Ensuring timely payments of monthly bills and utilities to vendors and suppliers.
- Preparing statutory payments such as withholding tax, HELB, NSSF, NHIF, NITA and ensure timely and compliance to regulatory bodies.
- Payment of program advances to staff and follow up of the same to ensure that they are accounted for and subsequent updating in the accounting system
- Preparing monthly bank & MPESA reconciliations and follow up any outstanding items.
- Maintain an updated filing system for all financial documentation
- Responsible for maintenance of the project asset register, tracking and accounting of inventories to the beneficiary level and ensuring timely update of the same.
- Provision of data and information in consultation with Business official to external auditors
- Prepares and uploads journal entries for monthly actuals for program related expenses (e.g., field offices business expense report, in-kind contributions, reclassifications, etc.)
- Prepares, submits funds transfer, payments and deposit on straight to bank platform, and follows up to ensure they are completed on time.
- Ensure availability of information for preparing financial reports.
- Prepare monthly VAT reports
- Maintenance of general ledger and cash book
- Participate in the finance functional workstream for the ERP.
- Any other duties assigned by the Business Official
Qualifications and requirement for appointment to this position
- Bachelor of Commerce degree -Finance or Accounting option from a recognized University.
- CPA (K) holder or its equivalent
- Working experience in accounting packages
- Minimum of 10 years’ relevant work experience in donor and GoK funded project.
- Have demonstrated high understanding of finance and accounting matters.
- Proficiency in computer application skills
- Registered with relevant professional accountancy board.
- Have rich experience in program and projects financial management
- Clearances from the following bodies:
- Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Higher Education Loans Board;
- Any of the Registered Credit Reference Bureaus;
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations (Police Clearance Certificate).
Salary Scale: Kshs.41,770×1,910-43,680×2,000-45,680×2,100-47,780×2,170-49,950×2,550-52,500×2,650-55,150×2,750-57,900p.m, House Allowance Ksh.28,000p.m., Commuter Allowance Ksh.6,000 p.m.
How to Apply;
If you are interested, we would love to hear from you! Please send your CV to email@example.com clearly indicating on the email subject the position you are applying for.
Or Drop off your Documents at Afya Annex Kenyatta National Hospital Grounds on Second Floor at the Reception for the HR Office
Closing Date for Applications
All Applications should be submitted by 9th June 2020.
NOTE: Only Shortlisted Candidates will be Contacted.