Finance Officer (1 Position )
Summary of the Project: GF HIV project is three year project that is implemented by NASCOP to formulate Policy and guidelines, Procurement and supply chain management coordination, capacity building and Monitoring and Evaluation of the HIV response.
Overall Job summary: The finance officer will report to Head NASCOP and GF Manager on all financials matters relating to implementation of GF HIV grant. S/He will be mainly responsible for monitoring and tracking of the financial expenses of the public sector implementers of Global Fund grants for HIV. Preparing reports on Global Fund financial progress, project account and project procurement.
Job Description :
- Review the funds allocation against the activities to be implemented by NASCOP for all disbursements received from the The National Treasury Global Fund Program and advise the Head
- Use the Financial monitoring tool to monitor expenses against the activities for which the disbursement was made to NASCOP under the Global Fund
- Ensure all the expenditures under NASCOP, Global Fund grants are incurred in conformity with the laid down GoK and GF financial requirements and procedures
- Keep record of all disbursements to NASCOP and related
- Track on a monthly basis the expenditures incurred by the NASCOP and ensure they are in accordance with the Global Fund budget and agreement between the Principal Recipient, and the Global
- Verify all the invoices submitted by the procurement agent to ensure that they are in conformity with the public procurement act and the agreement between the Principal Recipient and the procurement
- Prepare financial progress and periodic reports required by the Principal Recipient and the Global
- Support the Principal Recipient to address queries from the Local Fund Agent or the GF secretariat on financial management and financial reports of the Global Fund grants.
- Support preparation of Sub-recipient annual
- Conduct field visit to monitor the financial expenses at the county levels to ensure they are in line with approved work
- Coordinate regular preparation of Project Management Reports, as a part of the Global Fund financial reporting requirements;
- Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Business or
- CPA (K) and member of ICPAK
- Modern computerized accounting skills; Quick books, pastel, SAGE
- At least 5 years’ experience in managing financial activities within projects funded by international Organizations. Experience in GF will be an added
How to apply :
Closing date for application: All application should be submitted by 26th May 2021
NOTE : Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.